It often happens that a woman has a strong desire to quickly grow their hair. Since not many like the hair extensions, there is only one option left – growing your own natural hair. In this case, growth is a complex process that requires mainly great patience, consistency and efforts to keep going. Nevertheless, it is possible to grow long hair at home.
Most people agree that long hair is attractive, however, to grow a long hair can be very slow because this speed at which your hair growth is purely individual and is inherited in the human’s body genetically. You may know people who say their hair grows super fast, while others complain about the growth process since they need to put efforts into making it. The hair growth of one or one and a half centimeter per month is considered as a norm. The excellent result is when this parameter is equal to two or two and a half centimeter. There are quite effective ways for rapid hair growth outside of beauty and hairdressing salons. But first you need to understand what affects this process.
The following internal and external factors affect the hair growth process:
- Nutrition. The growth initiating nutrients that are found in the food, such as vegetables, quail and chicken eggs, fruits, nuts, greens, fish, and vegetable oil, have a beneficial effect on hair growth. Note, your body must contain the optimal level of water for it to remain hydrated and healthy.
- Psychological condition. Stress and depression slow hair growth. Therefore, you need a good sleep, at least 30-minute workout and rest as much as possible.
- Health. The condition of internal organs is directly related to the rate of hair growth referred to as the hypophysis, thyroid and adrenal glands. Nevertheless, hair reacts quickly to the altered level of hormones in the female body. Often, a woman looses her hair during pregnancy or lactation which is a natural procedure for a pregnant or breastfeeding mom. Hair begins to grow even slower with the onset of menopause, and for this reason, it is hard for an elderly person to grow their hair out.
- Mineral and vitamin complexes and cosmetics. In pharmacies and stores that specialize in similar products, they are sold in a wide range. In addition to the fact that such complexes accelerate hair growth, they also improve the overall condition of the nails.
- Daily combing. The procedure is simple, but necessary. The comb removes fading hair, thereby speeding the growth of new hair, but keep in mind, combing should be neat and gradual. It is recommended to start combing from the ends, gradually rising to the roots.
Fashion changes every year, but long and well-kept locks are always popular. Not all women can achieve voluminous and long hair.
4 MAIN REASONS WHY YOUR HAIR STOPS GROWING
First, it is the influence of hormonal rearrangements. The optimal amount of estrogen (female hormone) adds silky hair, giving them a healthy appearance. If the hormone is little, it causes the hair to stay dry and lifeless.
Secondly, hair grows slowly because of the bad habits (smoking and alcohol). It is better to get rid of them once and for all.
Third, people (including industry professionals) say that washing your hair frequently is not a good thing, but they forget to consider the fact that when then pores on the scalp get clogged, then it does more harm to your natural hair. The hair bulb begins to suffer from the lack of oxygen which results in the poor hair growth. The hair recommended to be washed when you see the roots getting dirty. Meanwhile, the wave of any kind, hair dryer, tweezers, frequent coloring and ironing provokes a slowdown of hair growth.
Fourth, some trichological problems slow down the average pace of hair growth and cause hair loss. In this case, you should always consult a trichologist (hair specialist).
As you noticed, the internal condition of human’s body plays a great role in the development of strong and healthy hair. However, not everyone has a strong individual organism. We specified a number of factors that we can implement in our daily life not only to maintain the strong body but also to boost the hair growth. Please remember, a good sleep and healthy nutrition are always the key factors to strong body and, as a result, healthy hair.
If you found this article interesting, please share it with your friends who might be looking for effective and healthy treatments. Also, do not forget to subscribe to our newsletter for more helpful tips.
- March 20, 2017
- Konul Iskenderova